Password change in win7
Today i will explain Password change in win7 . For me that drastic change is quiet well .
Yes in Windows 7 it changed drastically and i can explain it.
Since Windows NT 3.x, when your user password is 14 days from expiration, you receive a Password Change Notification when logging on requesting you to change your password.
This has been the default behavior up to now.
Windows 7 password change notification setting is set to 5 days by default.
If you wish to align your Windows 7 computers with others on the network, you can either modify the registry for the Windows 7 systems, or apply a local, or preferably, a group policy object if these Windows 7 systems are members of an Active Directory domain.
Option 1: Modify the Registry
1) Run Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
2) Navigate to HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon
3) Add or modify the following entry: PasswordExpiryWarning: REG_DWORD:
4) Click OK and quit Registry Editor.
Option 2: Apply a Local or Group Policy Object
1) Modify the existing local computer policy, modify an existing group policy object, or create a new group policy object and apply it to the target OU containing the target computers.
2) Navigate to the following path in the policy object
a)Computer ConfigurationWindows SettingsSecurity Settings Local Policies Security Options
b)Find the entry: Interactive logon: Prompt user to change password before expiration
3) Configure the attribute with the value that you require.
There is no other solution .
You can write on powershell script or .. but no more .
This is the default behavior of windows 7 password notifications , after thous 5 days the user will change the pass